Copyright Notice


Please note that the artwork and photographs used in this blog belong to me and should not be reproduced or used without my permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

LONDON 2012 - OUR OLYMPIC EVENT!


Mr V-B and I set off yesterday for our first ever Olympic event - the Canoe Slalom at Lee Valley Water Park near Hatfield in Hertfordshire.   The atmosphere was great and at times, there was lots of noise from trumpets and vuvuzelas!  The course was very rapid and the paddlers very skillful to stay afloat and in their canoes.  Unfortunately, David Florence, the British hope only made it as far as the semi-final and France's Tony Estanguet won the gold medal.  Fortunately, the rain held off until the final race had just finished and then the heavens opened and there was a mass exodus as the stands had no shelter, so unfortunately we didn't see the medal ceremony.

Here are a few photos from the day:-


4 comments:

Lululiz said...

How exciting, it looks like a good venue. I haven't really seen much of the Olypmics, but I get the impression that most of the coverage here in France is, of course, very much concentrating on the French.

Shane Pollard said...

We watched quite a lot of the canoeing - Tony Estanguet was brilliant!
How exciting for you to actually be there, a wonderful experience you'll never forget!
We're all very proud of our New Zealand rowers who have won 3 gold medals - amazing for a little country of 3 million!!
We stayed up until 1:30 in the morning to watch single sculler Mahi Drysdale's race!!!
Now I'm off to catch up with what else you've been doing while I've been away!
xox
Shane

Laurie said...

I love going to the Olympics! That looks like it was a VERY fun one to watch! And I'm so glad that the rain held out until after the competition! You all have had some great luck with your weather! I have been watching so much Olympics -- I don't know what I'll do with myself when they are over! 'Wish I were there!

عبده العمراوى said...




شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف شقق بالجبيل
ترولى للحشرات
ترولى لمكافحة الحشرات
شركة ترولى للحشرات
شركة ترولى لمكافحة الحشرات
شركة تنظيف شقق بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالقطيف