Copyright Notice


Please note that the artwork and photographs used in this blog belong to me and should not be reproduced or used without my permission. Thank you.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tag Tuesday - New Challenge

I have been a great fan of the uber talented Carolyn aka Love Stitching Red for a long time and was so pleased to read about her Tag Tuesday Challenge.  I have only just heard about it so rushed like mad to make the first week's theme of Snow.

I used a large shipping tag and used scraps of white brodeie anglaise for the top and bottom of the tag, then used a piece of one of my favourite Christmas fabris with a village snow scene on it.  I added a few hand stitches, some sparkle, white rose trim, scrap of silver mesh and vintage button at the top.  The tag is finished with a piece of old doily and a scrap of white tulle to tie.  It looks better in real life, so sorry the photo doesn't do it justice.


Pop over and have a look at some of the talent on the Tag Tuesday blog (link above)  Next week's theme is Snow Sports and Games, so I'm off to get some inspiration!

8 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

very pretty indeed.

Kate Yetter said...

This is lovely! I love the silver mesh and roses. Such a pretty scene.

Jann said...

Such a beautiful tag! I hadn't heard about a new Tag Tuesday challenge, and will have to check this out!

Laurie said...

I love that you chose yellow to go with the snow theme! Now that I have found out about it from you, I'm thinking I would like to join her challenge as well! But I am very late indeed!

carole brungar said...

Very pretty! I love your new look blog too!
Hugs Carole

Shane Pollard said...

Dear Barbara
Such a sweet tag!
Thank you for the link - I'll check out Tag Tuesday too.

Thinking of you and wishing you all the New Year Blessings you're dreaming of Barbara - and much much more!
Live, laugh, love and "be happy" in 2012!
love and hugs
Shane xox

Jacqui Chimes said...

Gorgeous

Linda Vincent said...

This is beautiful...love everything about it.